We know that traditional orthodontics (brackets and wires) is not for everyone, so we offer Invisalign as an alternative. With our Invisalign services, you can have the benefits of orthodontic procedures without the hardware that is used in bracket orthodontic procedures.
As part of the Invisalign procedure, a 3D image of your teeth is taken. After the aligners are made, they are trimmed to be a custom fit for your mouth. The final step is a quality check to confirm good aligner construction, and to be sure they are comfortable when you are wearing them.
Conditions Treated Using Invisalign
The Invisalign procedure cannot treat all orthodontic conditions, but it can treat some of the most common:
- Crowded Teeth: When the teeth have gathered so tightly together that they become crooked. They also make flossing difficult, which can increase tooth decay. Invisalign is just as efficient as traditional orthodontic brackets and wires for treating crowded teeth.
- Overbite: This occurs when the upper front teeth overlap the bottom front teeth when biting. The overbite can increase the day to day wear on teeth, as well as cause pain in the jaw.
- Underbite: Opposite to the overbite, the underbite is when the lower front teeth overlap the upper front teeth when biting. The underbite can cause increased wear on the teeth, and it can also affect a person’s ability to speak clearly.
- Gap Teeth: This condition can cause gum disease when food gets trapped between the teeth. This is particularly true if flossing is not part of your daily dental care routine. The Invisalign procedure provides a more natural and permanent solution to gapped teeth. than veneers or bonding.
- Crossbite: This is when the top and bottom teeth do not align correctly. A crossbite condition can cause chipped teeth, and it can lead to bone loss in the jaw.
- Open Bite: When there is an opening between the upper and lower rows of teeth when biting, this is called an open bite. This condition can make it difficult to chew certain types of food.
Visit us to see if Invisalign is the right orthodontic solution for you!